Sinister: not going to bowlie sucks

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Sat Apr 17 21:08:18 BST 1999

umm....hi
after waiting impatiently for what seems like forever for my nursery
graduation, i've come over dead scared of actually posting. i spent an hour
last night after receiving 'the call' debating whether to merely continue my
lurkership or not, but i figured i should send something even if it's just
the once.
 i suppose i still find this whole e-mail/internet thing a bit freaky. i am
one of the original technophobes, something which was confirmed when i
received my virgin message back today cos i forgot to put it in plain text!
stupidly i then managed to delete my original message so i couldn't send it
back and am now writing it again. doh!

<incredibly depressing oxford utd non-joke: what do you call a striker who
can't score? andy thomson>

anyway, i'm not going to bowlie because, as my dad always annoyingly points
out: importance and enjoyment just aren't the same thing. unfortunately the
oxford norwich match is more important, but nowhere near as enjoyable. in
fact, probably shit.

i'd just like to add my own bus story before i go and think about stu m and
those tubs of dairylea to cheer myself up:
a couple of years ago a guy in a big mac sat across the aisle from me on the
no.52. he looked like your average flasher/pervert, so i was intrigued when
he rummaged in his bag and got out.....

a yoghurt. he stroked the tub for a bit and then slowly unbuttonned his
coat. i was definitely fearing the worst by this stage until i saw what was
sewn into the lining... inside pockets filled with.......

rows and rows of plastic cuttlery!!!
 he then proceeded to eat FIVE yoghurts, each with a different spoon which
he licked clean before putting it back in his coat!
man, it was weird.

anyway, i've bored you enough now. you never know, i might be back! if not,
have a fab bowlie :) <sigh>
              lots of love
                         rachel xx