Sinister: you know it always hurts when it's the first time......

David Geraghty dbgeraghty at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 18 13:45:28 BST 1999

I think I served my time in the nursery well. I played with the other
pre-listees, and my mother didn't have to be called to take me home when I
misbehaved.

I felt, reading the messages that appeared, that I was missing out on the
(delightful? dull? ) Mental Swathes. But here in Derby, when they close the
only independent record shop, we are forced to negotiate the living hell
that is the Virgin 'mega' store. Where they kept asking me to repeat what it
was I wanted over and over again, before telling me the stock "I have no
idea what you're on about" answer of oh, it isn't out yet. grrr. I felt like
arguing, but then decided that it might be a bit silly, and I didn't feel
like being forcibly ejected from a record shop for anyone, not even 'belle.

I'm not going to the bowlie either, but the only people I could argue with
about that are my friends who kept saying they would go, and then it was
sold out. grrr again. I'm pretty gutted about missing.....er, Godspeed you
Black Emperor actually. And the chance of taking part in something
altogether better than a wet weekend in Derby......ho-hum.

ah well, only a couple of weeks until I can drop my pretence of twee and go
and see Fugazi. I'm still deciding whether a B&S t-shirt will get me funny
looks, or something a little more detrimental to my health.....I know Fugazi
fans are meant to be tolerant, but will that be over stepping the mark
somewhat? I mean, has Mr Murdoch ever even seen a distortion pedal?

Actually, the thing I would really like to see at Bowlie is the collection
of films, being a sad anorak wearing film student, and I expect full
synopsis's to be posted as soon as possible...hey, they might help in an
essay I might decide to write.

Ok, I think I've waffled on to much now. I have read the rules, but I still
expect to be disappeared tonight for serious breaches of, something.

byebye
david xx