Sinister: Harvey the Wonder Hamster

skg21 at xxx.uk skg21 at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 18 15:28:39 BST 1999

OK, so Jessica owns a nurse's uniform, Genevieve we already know has a
French Maid outfit, and of course Isobel likes dressing up as a school
girl; anyone else? Does Keith own a PVC catsuit? Does PJ spend all his time
with a ferret down his trousers? We should be told...

Well there was another good night out at the Poetry Cafe on Friday.
Although I'm still recovering from the shock of discovering that when Keith
was at college he didn't drink any alcohol until halfway through his second
year. Plus ca change... It was also nice to see Nick Dastoor again, even if
he has turned into a dead ringer for Neil Morrissey.

I was also quite suprised how few people had heard the Michael Head album
from last year, 'The Magical World Of The Strands', so I thought I'd
recommend it to you all; if you like Nick Drake's 'Bryter Later' of Love's
'Forever Changes' then you will simply adore this album, it's well worth
investigating.

I would happily join in with a non-Bowlie chat with you all, but it'd be a
bit difficult, since I'll be in Holland next weekend. And probably far too
inebriated to type. But of course those of us who aren't going
chalet-hopping needn't miss out on meeting other Sinisterines, which brings
me to: a London picnic. Primrose Hill, 2pm, Bank Holiday Monday 3rd May.
Details at

http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/cgi-bin/mboard/belle/thread.cgi?139,0

As advertised in Select magazine... See you there!

Big Stu

                   Oestrogen Found in Beer

Yesterday scientists revealed that beer contains small traces of female
hormones. To prove their theory, the scientists fed 100 men 12 pints of
beer and observed that 100% of them gained weight, talked excessively
without making sense, became emotional, couldn't drive, couldn't think, and
refused to apologize when wrong.

No further testing is planned.