Sinister: too much of good things is wonderful

oon ooon at xxx.th
Sun Apr 18 15:02:26 BST 1999

on behalf of every Thai on the list (ie.me)...

Happy Thai New Year Everyone, especially to the
almighty "God is a PJ" and Father Landers.

this new year has been a wet year.  not only out of
the waterfight, but there was a lot of rain as well.
usually it's more fun to get out of town and play
in upcountry. but this year a lot more people
kept themselves in Bangkok, including me despite
having planning to go the beach for about half
a year beforehand.  but Bangkok was a good surprise.
probably because of the economic crisis/depression,
people came out and played a lot more this year.
along the roads, people stationed in front of their
houses armed with waterpistols in variety of sizes
and forms, ready to soak every pedastrians and
vehicles coming their way within shooting range.
troupes of motorbikes roared about doing battle with
those houses and trucks.  i went up on one of those
trucks with a bunch of fellow warriors, equipped with
three water tanks bigger than me.  we cruised around
the city spreading new year good wishing by throwing
everyone we spotted some bucketful of water,
lovingly chilled to perfection with ice and scented
powder.  our new year day is usually the hottest day
of the year.  too bad this year it rained so it was
bloody cold up on the truck when you're constantly
sodden and soaken wet.

in short, Thai new year is an enormous laugh and
you're all invited to play with us next year.  foreigners
are our favourite when it comes to throwing water.
i heard there's fun festival like this in Spain, yes?
just throwing tomato instead of water.  huhuhuh
Mr.Miller, i trust you wouldn't mind sharing some
tomato experience with us?

my left ear is still blocked from being shot by
those superpower waterpistols.  how i wish that
could be good enough excuse for sick leave
tomorrow.

well, only a few days to Bowlie, let me grudgingly say
have fun everyone!

oon xxx