Sinister: chicks, sucking and rock

Tim Hopkins hopkinstim at xxx.com
Mon Apr 19 13:39:28 BST 1999

Hello chums, and welcome to the working week. I know it won't thrill
you, I hope it don't kill you.

I have a very important spelling test in just seven months time and I
haven't started revising yet. Ulp!

Anyway, on to business.

[Manx Cat Risotto] wrote:

>[Mark Casarotto]  Becky, is the Bournemouth bit to see an ailing
>relative or something? I suppose bits of it are quite nice, but for
>real kicks for chicks, get yourself to Royal Leamington Spa, Jewel
>of the WestMidlands (and it has JaMeS in it). Or Hull.

Ah yes, I have heard of the famous Leamington Spa chick kicking,
which happens every spring to celebrate fertility and stuff like
that.

The first person to fully dismember a cute little easter chick wins,
and is crowned world champion chick kicker, and gets to go on a tour
of West Midlands beauty spots (Dudley and Walsall)in an open-topped
hen wagon. It's truly beautiful.

I remember the upstairs front window of my school bus splatting a
crow once, right in front of where I was sitting. That kind of thing
twists a boy.

Incidentally, if you're looking for fine tourist resorts, I hear
Hartlepool and Scunthorpe are nice this time of year. I can also
recommend finding yourself in Alfspiddle, but that joke may simply be
too Two Ronnies for words.

[Mark], I love your square brackets. Can I borrow them?

Rachel wrote:
>Subject: Sinister: not going to bowlie sucks

Blowie Sucks? Which chalet is *that* happening in?

Enough of such smuttery and low talk. This afternoon, ladies and
gentlemen I have proof of what we all suspected all along. The Duke
of Harringay is a Goth. Tag knows it:

>I want to
>play something suitable before the arch Duke comes on stage.  It was
>going to be "Bela Lugosi's dead" in honour of his vampiric past, but
>I couldn't bring myself to pay good money for it.

And the Duke of Darkness himself admits it:

> i am listening to Spies by Rose of Avalanche. it
>is very good, naturally.

Can I still have a copy of your limited edition literature, Dukester?
Or have I clotted my boppybook? Rotted my poppybook?

The Lord of the Manner went on:

>i hope everyone is all aquiver at the prospect of the bowlie. chalet
>shenanigans sound like they should be a lot of fun... certainly more
> fun than watching the pastels, but then again what isn't?

Errr...listening to the Pastels? Sucking on the Pastels?

'Hurry Up' Ari wrote:
>i also read a beck article
>once, where he said something to the effect of "the best parts are
>when you
>hear some guy in the back go 'hey, the burritos are here'"

Yeah. Beck courts imperfection by deliberately leaving out anything
resembling a worthwhile tune from his records. It's a fascinating
cultural phenomenon. The best part of any Beck record is the locked
groove towards the end where some guy goes 'click, click, click'
forever.

Bed Rugby wrote:

>just back from mercury rev concert. excellent -- like how i
>reckon the verve probably sounded five years ago, before they
>discovered rolling stones orchestral covers and just got on with
>making a beautiful noise.  luverly.  if you're bowlieing, go
>see them.

Shan't. If I'd wanted to listen to a bunch of hopeless hippies
playing arse space rock I'd  have been listening to Pink Floyd all
these years. Or The Verve, who I saw five or six years ago and who
played arse space rock. It was horrible. I hate rock music and I
trusted a hippy.

Once. Huh. Never again.

Give me B*witched anytime, over the overwrought meanderings of sweat
stained Serious Young Men. Or old men, for that matter.

Opposing all Rock 'n' Roll,

[tim]