Sinister: Put a little sugar on it, baby!

Kara Baer karastar at xxx.com
Mon Apr 19 20:35:51 BST 1999

Hello Sinister!

I've just got back from my week in London.  (I got to visit the planetarium.)  I stayed with my cousin in her West Kensington flat.  We don't really get along.  We were supposed to see a play on Friday night. I wanted to see "Escape from Pteradactyl Island," an exciting musical about dinosaurs and scientists and their wacky adventures.  She wanted to see one of those West End shows which has been running absolutely forever (Les Miz, anyone?).  We reached a compromise and went to the movies instead.  I'm so very happy to be back in Glasgow, although I do wish I had seen those singing dinos.

Somewhere in the many digests currently lurking in my mailbox...

Honey said:

> And you can crucify me now Kara for your
> embarrassment, because I told our mauve-headed > popster about your Cardiff fiasco between the films > and the songs, expecting something a little twee-er > (say a consolation gift of a furry pencil-case with a > butterfly on it) than his robust "oh poor kid,
> I'll say sorry from the stage haha". Still at least
> Neil got Isobel to say sorry :)

I was very shocked to hear said popster telling the audience about my trip.  Although, I did turn proudly to the guy beside me and told him, "He's talking about me." To which the guy sort of gave a condecending look.    How nice to have my, um, enthusiasticness recognized.

I enjoyed meeting all you sinister folk at the picnic.   What with climbing over fences and huddling in band stands while it hails you really bond with people.

The Gentle Waves show was a lot more polished than the first had been, but they seemed to be lacking energy.  Isobel dictated the band like a puppeteer.  Stuart didn't look to be enjoying the show very much.  He seemed to be sort of mentally rolling his eyes at the whole thing.

Only a few days until Bowlie!  I'm so excited.  I'm still looking for a ride down and back, if anyone has any extra room...I'll make cookies and I've got tapes of my radio show last semester.  It'll be fun.

Love Kara Star