Sinister: breeding like rabbits

Jacqui jmdor1 at xxx.au
Wed Apr 21 07:39:26 BST 1999

Hello.
I have something to say (finally).

I too am looking forward to Bowlie.  Pity I won't be there, but please do
enjoy yourselves and if you can somehow pause amidst all your
gallavanting about the camberside (I'm sure that's what my mum would
say) see Sodastream because I do love them so and expect that maybe
several of you will too.  Or see them with the Delgados before. *sigh*

More on the Lucksmiths too.  They have a new release called Happy
Secret and it has some very touching moments.  I do recommend it.

*after you Mr Mark*
> Another time, while driving home from her house late at night, a
> rabbit hit my car.  Yes, the rabbit hit the car.  In the mirror, I
> could see it bounce several times.  The rabbit appeared to be
> unharmed, aside from being dead.  Moments later, a policeman stopped
> me.  I had a difficult time explaining why I had a dead rabbit in a
> box.  I wanted to give the unfortunate creature a dignified
> disposal.
>
> I never killed or harmed an animal before or since that summer when
> Laura and I were hanging out.
>
> - --Mark

Oh dear.  You have made me feel so so heartless.  One day I was
driving home and *whump* a bunny hopped under my wheels. It was
definitely dead and I was shocked for um, maybe a nanno second and
three quarters, but not very long.  Once over the shock I could not
help but laugh *aloud* just like Cruella de Ville because I do so
much dislike bunnies.  I don't endorse killing for any reason but I
just couldn't help my outburst.  I consider bunnies to be
unnecessary, useless and annoying beasts that should be smite from
all taxonomic records and banished from the universe forever.  Or
maybe just banished from Australia, because they should never have
been invited in the first place, and our beautiful endemic species are
coping poorly enough with the arrival of convicts in the first place,
never mind having to deal with competition like bunnies.  *grumble
grumble*

> I'm thinking of going to see Underworld this week, do they put on a
> good show?  Also, Acid House finally opens here in DC next week,
> what's the consensus on the movie?  How's the soundtrack?
>
> Sammy

Sammy, Underworld are well worth seeing because of their pure energy.
 Not very twix though, t'be sure.
The soundtrack to Acid House is great, however I was rather less
impressed by the movie.  Interesting, yes, but not good.  I have not
yet read either of the Welsh books the stories are lifted from.  If
nothing else, the stories have encouraged me to buy and read the
books.  But see it just to hear lurvely B&S pouring from the
digitally digitallised speakers loud and soft and sad and beautiful.
I suppose that is all.  Until I am moved once more to speak,
Jacqui
also interested in Momus' good bits.  how does Poison Boyfriend rate
among his catalogue?