Sinister: Camber capers; Papercuts part deux

Caleb Rudd caleb.rudd at xxx.net
Thu Apr 22 19:59:11 BST 1999

hellooo one and all, Long time no smut.

I thought I'd better try to increase my Sinister popularity seeing Bowlie is
but a a day away and the prospect of the I Saw You message board afterwards.

Someone said about squeezing everyone in that we were all skinny and fey.
We'll I'm skinny but wouldn't say I was fey, although I have an aunt Faye. I
think getting into the venues should be based on a shortest to tallest order
that way everyone will be able to see. After all it would be the polite
thing to do. Can people believe how close it is. It just seems like 2 months
ago that we were thrilled about having got tickets but it seemed soo long
away. Oh, it was 2 months. I'm excited that so many Sinister people will be
there, including Honey, who I'll have to meet just to dispel my fears he is
isn't actually an elabroate majordomo program running on Unix. I was going
to bring my laptop and do a regular update thing on Chester and Sinister but
as an astute person pointed out, down at Camber Sands they probably think
the Internet is still scary and mysterious and charge 8 quid a minute.
Anyone bringing a digital camera though?

And does anyone know the weather forecast - Should I bring my bathers or
boiler suit?

Papercuts: Tweekender - The Bowlie Issue

Stevie Trousers and I have been working hard on issue 2 of Papercuts, the
B&S fanzine of choice, as featured in Select magazine.  Featuring interviews
with My Life Story, and Marine Research, articles on the Go-Betweens and
erm, others, Gene and Blur album reviews, a Bowlie band preview, Bowlie
games, the continuation of PJ Miller's saga and pieces from approxitmately
half the Sinister list, it promises to excede the first in quality and
splendor. If Stevie doesn't feint from laser cartridge fumes (as he's been
doing most of the work, bless) it will be available tonight at the Betsy
ford do and all weekend at Bowlie, at the merchandising stand or you could
just carry on with your malarky and wait to be accosted by a Papercuts
editor. For mail orders, watch this space

---->   <-----

which won't do you much good but I thought it was amusing. But seriously...
(apart from being an album title from Phil Collins), we'll relay details
about mail orders after bowlie.

Camber Cabs

I rang a couple of taxi places in Rye including Rother Cabs (01797 224554)
who said it costs about a fiver from Rye to Camber Sands, but all cabs are
metered so it may vary. Except for Monks Cars apparantly, who quoted 10
quid. Cheeky Monkseys!

Anyone going down from London on Saturday morn?

I'm going to get the 10.37am train from London Bridge to Rye on Saturday as
I have to work on Friday and want to see big lips, big ego, big songs  (i.e.
Echo & the Bunnymen) at the Brixton academy on the Friday night. Railtrack
says the trip from London to Rye (via Ashford) only takes 1 3/4 hours, which
in "real" time means I'll probably be arriving just as the Divine Comedy
exit the stage that night. Oh well.

byeee,

Caleb

|   Chester Indie Zine   http://www.darkshadow.com/chester              |