Sinister: Why does noone talk about smut anymore on this list?

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:37:47 BST 1999

Hurrah! I'm going on holiday tomorrow morning. Not to Bowlie, mind; I'm
off to Holland for the weekend to play korfball, as exclusively revealed
at 9.55 this morning by Simon Mayo on Radio 1. Fame at last... (Well OK,
all I did was work out that the mystery year was 1996, but never mind,
it's the thought that counts isn't it?) Even if he did announce to the
nation that he thought the only reason we were going to Holland was to
drink lots of cheap Dutch beer, not to play sport. He is of course
entirely correct, but that's not the point.

Anyway, before you all go off on your big red bus trip, I did a quick
trawl through this week's music press. Both Melody Maker and the NME agree
that the best thing about Camber Sands is that they filmed 'Carry On
Follow That Camel' there. But what you might not know is that according to
the Melody Maker, DJing between bands are, amongst others, Steve Lamacq,
John Peel and Jarvis Cocker!

Of course, since there's no backstage area at all, that means you've all
got 3 days in the company of several living legends...

Right, I'm off to pack, when I get back I expect full accounts of who was
chalet-hopping with who...

Big Stu

Now playing: Andy Williams - 'Music To Watch Girls By'

 o     o     o,   ,o,   ,o     o     o>   <o>   <o     o     o     o

Hey! Macarena...