Sinister: Momus is Marvelous

Putneysays at xxx.com Putneysays at xxx.com
Thu Apr 22 20:51:43 BST 1999

Dear Listerines,
I know I've promised never to post 'sinister' ever again, but I'm in a dill
of a pickle and I don't exactly know how to solve it.   Thank you for
mentioning Momus, for my dilemma directly refers to him.  I don't know if
many of you are aware of the karaoke parody competition from the last album,
The Little Red Songbook, but I've written Sinister-related lyrics to the song
"Who Is Mr. Jones?" and I need some help with them.  Suggestions, questions,
comments, death threats, and those few gilmmers of praise are welcome.
Remember, I am only 15, and therefore nothing but a mere stupid high school
kid, so my writing probably is not up to par...however, I liked them.  Sort
of.  So here you go:

"Who Is Elvis?" by Susannah Grossman
*Inspired by listening to "A Century Of Elvis" from the Belle and Sebastian
EP Lazy Line Painter Jane*

Stuart David at the height of his fame
got asked the same question once, then again
In a closet of cardigans.
"Tell us, Stu, who really is that Elvis?"

Stuart stammered, "ask the 'Sinister' list, they seem to know everything-
or ask Jeepster Sub Pop, or wee Karn
she's a lot smarter than me, at least she's supposed to sit down when she pees
as opposed...to dainty me."

Stuart David at the start of his fame
got asked the same question once, then again
in a closet of cardigans.
"Tell us, Stu, who really is that Elvis?"

Stuart, probably scared to death
looked for a place to run and hide.
"Is he a sprig of broccolli, a cat or some pajamas?
Does this Elvis like to play in a band with the high llamas?" <--that line is
cheesy, someone please help me

Poor Stuart is now crying
from all of this attention
and as he ran away, this is what he was heard to say:

"Elvis is and was a man...who rifles through my trash
Elvis is, and was a man...who rifles through my trash."

So there you have my crappy lyrics, that I wrote last night dreaming of fame
and fortune, Momus style.  Any disparaging remarks, are welcome, please!
-Susannah the Pitiful