Sinister: smut (WSB)

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Sat Apr 24 10:42:19 BST 1999

[ In the spirit of the Monday Poem.  Delete now if uninterested. ]

You're all at the Bowlie, traffic is slow, and it's time for the
late-night Friday literatary moment of education.

If you don't know who William S. Burroughs is -- He was one of the
century's most significant authors.  Much of his work is social analysis
and social criticism, in the form of fiction that questions the reality
structure through themes of mythology, science fiction, and the underbelly
of society.

>From William S. Burroughs _The Ticket That Exploded_

"The human organism is literally consisting of two halves from the
beginning word and all human sex is this unsanitary arrangement whereby
two entities attempt to occupy the same three-dimensional coordinate
points giving rise to the sordid lattrine brawls which have characterized
a planet based on 'the Word,' that is, on separate flesh engaged in
endless sexual conflict -- The Venusian Boy-Girls under Johnny Yen took
over the Other Half, imposing a sexual blockade on the planet-- (It will
be readily understandable that a program of systematic frustration was
necessary in order to sell this crock of sewage as Immortality, the Garden
of Delights, and love --"

[...]

"So let us start with one average, stupid, representative case: Johnny Yen
the Other Half, errand boy from the death trauma -- Now look i'm going to
say it and i'm going to say it slow -- Death -is- orgasm -is- rebirth -is-
death in orgasm -is- their unsanitary Venusian gimmick -is- the whole
birth death cycle of action -- You got it? -- Now do you understand who
Johnny Yen is? The Boy-Girl Other Half strip tease God of sexual
frustration -- Errand boy from the death trauma -- His immortality depends
on the mortality of others -- The same is true of -all- addicts -- "

[...]

>From _Nova Express_

"Word is flesh and word is two that is the human body is compacted of two
organisms and where you have two you have word and word is flesh and when
they started tampering with the word that was it and the blockade was
broken and The Nova Heat moved in -- The Venusians sang first naturally
they were in the most immediate danger -- They live underwater in the body
with an air line - And that air line is the word - Then the technicians
spilled and who can blame them after the conditions I assigned to keep
them technicians -- Like three thousand years in hot claws -- So I am
alone as always -- You understand nova is where I am born in such pain no
one else survives in one peace -- Born again and again cross the wounded
galaxies -- I am alone but not what you call 'lonely' -- Loneliness is a
product of dual mammalian structure -- 'Loneliness,' 'love,' 'friendship,'
all of the rest of it -- I am not two -- I am one -- But to maintain my
state of oneness I need two ness in other life forms -- Others must talk
so that I am remain silent -- If another becomes one then I am two -- That
makes two ones make two and I am no longer one -- Plenty of room in space
you say?  -- But I am not one in space I am one in time -- Metal time --
Radioactive time -- So of course I tried to keep you all out of space --
That is the end of time -- And those who were allowed out sometimes for
special services like creating a useful religious concepts went always
with a Venusian guard -- All the 'mystics' and 'saints' -- All except my
old enemy Hassan I Sabbah who wised up the marks to space and said they
could be one and need no guard no other half no word --"