Sinister: dreamer

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Mon Apr 26 04:35:06 BST 1999

hi everyone

i had a busy weekend, i worked on a film set the whole time.  in fact, i
really did forget about bowlie for all of friday, and saturday.  it was a
shock to me to remember this  morning, and then i ended up forgetting about
it.  i won't bore you with the details, if you know me, i will tell you
anyway.  i'm sure i'll be told how wonderful it was a dozen times by
friends intent on torturing me (and you know who you are).  but this
weekend, i remembered what it means to fall in love with a song.  i don't
know what state of mind you have to be in to fall in love this way, to feel
like you're flying when all you're doing is listening to a shitty bootleg
over a computer.  aptly enough, it was a magnetic fields song, "moviestar".
and after months of confusion, i remembered what makes all this
worthwhile.  it isn't about having eighty cds or going to see any number of
concerts, it's not quantity.  it's for that one moment when you hear the
perfect sound, and it's just exquisite.  and you become part of something
much greater than yourself.  and you realize that beauty exists, and all
you want to do is create it, or perhaps find it and hone it, as it may be
to much suggesting that one person can create beauty.

i'd best stop now before everyone starts making fun of me.  but that's my
weekend, boiled down to one moment.

xox megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

who are magnetic fields?