Sinister: how high's the water mama?

Emanuel Brown e.brown at xxx.com
Mon Apr 26 14:47:58 BST 1999

just sitting here awaiting the flood of blurry memories from the luckier among us. so far it hasn't even gotten up past the sidewalk...

so the rent became whisky & my life became risky:
had to console my non-bowlie-goin'-self with mountains of new records, 24-hour plays, afternoon cocktails and springtime women. spent sunday speeding through manhattan on the back of a motorcycle (highly recommended). none of this compares to the lubricated exploits of our far-flung foreign correspondents, but hey, you do what you can...

*oh!* i did happen to find a nice bootleg of b&s @ the supper club last november in nyc (sorry - i know that bootlegs are the spawn of satan to bands & labels alike, but i couldn't resist after not being able to go to the shows). a double-disc set of both nights, the sound is pretty damn good considering it probably didn't come off the board (crowd shufflings and the like). comments? questions? private emails please, you know the drill...

i'm gonna shine out in the wild silence:
saw a great band two weeks ago that demands your attention. Macha is from athens, ga. and they managed to enchant my friends and i with trance-inducing visions of indonesia. their self-titled record on jetset records (nyc) is truly unbelievable.
also on the short list:
tom waits / mule variations
silver jews / american water
lambchop / what another man spills
mogwai / come on die young
neutral milk hotel / on avery island

okay that's enough of that. i can see the flood is nearing the front steps, so i need to make a hasty retreat back to shadowland. be well...

emanuelx

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com