Sinister: The Dogs Bowlies

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Apr 27 00:40:57 BST 1999

Hi All,

Sorry to keep going on, but who else do I talk to about this?

Other Bowlie bits that might have been missed by other Sinistereens too
busy getting rat-arsed in the genuine East End glamour of the Queen Vic:

Sodastream who were excellent, especially when joined by Mick on trumpet
for Boss & another number I don't know the name of. Boss has a tune pretty
enough to make you fill up, especially when combined with Karl's voice.
Pete humps a mean bass too, & I'm not referring to carrying it on stage :)
Apparently they're playing again at Rough Trade on Friday evening.

V Twin (I have to agree with Mr Leonard about the excellence of their
singer) contained Mick & Sarah & were also joined for a couple of numbers
by Stevie on harmonica and Stuart M for a 40 second trumpet break on one
song also.

Mogwai who combined sartorial elegance with a massive set on Saturday
night. I'd never been able to get into them before but they were brilliant
live. My son James has now bequeathed all his 5 Mogwai tapes to me.

Non Bowlie content: Short Looper article here (sheds some light on the
Karla Valderama story):

        http://www.topmag.co.uk/inter2.htm

PS: its been drawn to my attention that some of my posts are, in contrast
to most sex-crazed Sinistereens, impenetrable, so for those of you for whom
English is not the mother tongue, The Dogs Bollocks is a widely used
English term of approbation: hence the subject. If your understanding of
bollocks is limited: search the archives!

Bye bye,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK