Sinister: Mad Dutch Dancing

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 27 10:57:05 BST 1999

Well I could quite happily talk for several hours about my weekend in
Holland with a coachload of British students, but it's not Blowie-related
so none of you would care. Suffice to say I'll still be recovering for a
few days to come.

But from listening to Steve Lamacq on Radio 1 last night, I did find quite
a few things out about the festival;

* That B&S's soundcheck went on for a world-beating 11 hours...
* That Camera Obscura won the football by their cunning tactics of being
sober...
* That the Radio 1 football team were so hungover they didn't even make it
onto the pitch...
* That the beach party on Sunday night went on at least until the sun came
up on Monday...
* That Salako were pretty much the best band there...
* That B&S were getting a lift to the station, then getting the train to
Hethrow and heading for Dublin. Rock and roll...
* That while people were queueing to get in on Friday, B&S started busking
to everyone...

They also played some songs from the sets by The Divine Comedy, Mercury
Rev, John Spencer Blues Explosion and Sleater Kinney. They have got the
B&S set recorded, but the band wanted to listen to it before they gave
permission for it to go out on air, hopefully it'll be broadcast at a
later date.

And don't forget, picnic in London next Monday...

Big Stu