Sinister: Another Bowlie?

Victoria Rees Victoria.Rees at xxx.com
Tue Apr 27 16:35:12 BST 1999

I just read in the NME that B&S are planning another Bowlie in September. Does
anyone else know any more about this? Is this going to be the start of
something big.....?

I also read Stephen Dalton piece about the weekend. He refers to the whole
thing as the "no soul weekender". Perhaps that has something to do with the
fact that he stayed in a hotel, and is at least 90 years old.....No soul? How
could he fail to get caught up in the infectious atmosphere of the whole thing?
The vibe while standing waiting for B&S to come on was almost overwhelming. I
take his point that most of the non-white people on site were bouncers, but
there's not a lot you can do about that at an indie festival. You can't force
people to come if they don't like the music and similiarly, as a general rule
there are very few non-white indie bands. The whole point was that it was an
event for like-minded folk with the same taste in music, there was certainly no
racist agenda. Sticking a soul or RnB act in the line-up just to be PC and
diverse would have been a joke...Bowlie was certainly the most soulful and
friendly festival of my long festival career.

On the other hand, the reviews of the actual music, provided by the slightly
more in touch writers, couldn't have been nicer.

and there was a picture of my friend Max's bag (the one with the little
foxes).....

Vicky

*Please visit the web site of the Financial Times at http://www.ft.com                 *
*This E-Mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential*
*information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any  *
*use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.                    *
*If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately then          *
*delete this E-Mail.                                                                   *
*postmaster at ft.com                                                                     *