Sinister: We're twee and we know we are

ian connelly ian at xxx.com
Tue Apr 27 20:54:43 BST 1999

At 07:38 PM 4/27/99 +0100, Ailsa Ross wrote:
>I'm still wearing my wristband too, along with a rather dazed grin.  My
>photos are all quite crap.......I completely
>missed the fact that people were getting their cameras taken off them, I
>can't believe no-one saw mine as I was perched on someone's shoulders
>taking photos for at least ten seconds until I fell off again.

i haven't got mine back yet (just arrived back in san francisco yesterday
evening after spending about 20 hours in transit, including our v e r y
s l o w 4hour-drive to heathrow), but i was surprised to see people losing
their cameras all around me while i was miraculously allowed to hold
mine aloft two-rolls-worth without so much as a glance from the heavies.
perhaps i'm invisible, or maybe the bouncers were just afraid of me.

> Or being accosted by Swedish people looking for drugs
>(that's wanting to buy them, not randomly drug searching us).

hey! i thought i was the only person to have that happen!
jeez, those swedes sure get around.

>security guards swarming round, perhaps they had had complaints
>that none of us could remember the words to tiggerjammies when we were
>pissed or that Mark's flauting was too twee or something.

ah, but you all still sounded great, even from the other corner of
the quad where i was shyly lurking....

(still removing sand from my shoes....)
ian