Sinister: I scored against Belle & Sebastian

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 27 21:09:29 BST 1999

Hi all,

I thought I'd add my random ramblings to the Bowlie scrapbook.
Unfortunately yes there's more football. After hanging round looking
keen and getting into the Camera Obscura side (yes there's a traitor in
the midst) I faced Belle & Sebastian in the first round.
And yes... I scored against Belle & Sebastian. Knocking them tumbling
out of the celebrity footy and then shaking hands and exchanging "well
played" and "unlucky"'s with the band with the world record for the
longest soundcheck.
Yes, it was that sort of a weekend. A bit good.
Other highlights included:
The amazing Flaming Lips, I completely fell in love with their music
after about the second song, the beach party / footy kickabout that went
on till Monday morning with random band members and other lovely people,
chatting to Dean Wareham for ages without visibly annoying him and loads
of other stuff.
Lowlight:
How annoying was going to work this morning?

Enough lights now...Oh except for I also had a chat with a bloke who
pressed buttons that made the lights go on and off on stage (I'm sure
there's a technical term for that). He was talking about making sure
band's finished before 11 and complying to license restrictions to make
sure it could happen again next year.
Here's hoping...

Cheers,

Martin

A.K.A Ailsa's random stranger. I did mention Alisdair's Ginola-esque
performance in the footy but did he also say that I said he was crap in
the final? I think even Jimmy Hill and Alan Hansen would agree with
that.
Also the only team change made to the Camera Obscura was because he had
to go and play some songs on stage or something and he was replaced by
the comedy goalkeeper Tam. The footy row continues...

P.S For Jim. Hi! Did I mention I scored against B & S. Sorry again...