Sinister: more tweekender soft focus memories, marine research, stuff

Jim Taylor J.M.Taylor at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 27 20:27:37 BST 1999

aaaah.  will try not to go on. too much.

what a weekend

as trousers pointed out in the now proven marvelous publication
papercuts, (and made me reflect) this list is rather marvelous.

i've been a bit of a naughty son, long subscribed......rarely
read....but thankfully got round to logging on just often enough to
find out about exciting events AND how to get to them without
hassles (PAM YOU ARE A STAR:)

unfortunately i cannot get to use the net very much.....nursing
college at the hospital closes 6pm most days.....so will probaly go
AWOL again fairly soon.
so erm while i'm here ..hello to everyone i met for the first time, and
met again and got to know a bit this time.....and those i didn't. The
Bowlie for me showed the value of the list and the instant trust that
seems to appear between listees.....and maybe b&s fans in general.

i had a fantastic weekend, and could go on for pages, but want to
thank all for being themselves, a lovley bunch, ermm lost for words...

i know there are a few fans around so just to let anyone know i didn't
excitedly tell o'er the weekend marine research are supporting
fugazi/shellac @ stratford rex may 25th, but i get the feeling there
aren't many tickets left - or at least nme ticketline said that last
night.... and this is now confirmed.....

saw Mackaye remove a stage invader (who had stage dived and
knocked a lense out of my glasses) rather magnificently at the
Fugazi Brixton show a few years ago - grabbed him by the neck,
arms outstreched & frogmarched him off the stage neck veins a-
pumpin'.

MR at the garage tonight with 'the kinney' as they seem to become
know in our house, but i can be excused from supporting 'em cos i
am lucky boy on the way to see godspeed you black emperor as
couldn't @ bowlie due to the obvious clash. heard very good reports
though so am quite excited.

damon is working upstairs (my old uni - city) in the library......poor
thing had to get his head together for an interview today - cue
amusing two hopless boys trying to iron a shirt on a very small table
at 2am last night. mind you he didn't have to go in till later today.
and slept sunday night.

staying up playing beach footie at dawn with your fave pop stars
(raymond & jerry fanclub, chrissie <hopefully there won't be any
dodgy hand damaging tackles> geddes does do things to your body
clock. forgot to look out for the sun that day (probably too busy
noticing b&s members across the campfire), but as alsdair said on
sunday the sun did indeed appear in an upside down stylee. most
strange.

Work was bearable....in fact good....too much going on about bowlie
to people who didn't quite understand on my part, but a couple of
patients were impressed. and nobody had killed themsleves etc while
i was away which is nice.

am rambling now so

byebye & see yall on monday at the piccerkniccers?? well those in
nearby remote wanking distance. somebody must sit down and
explain this business to me then. i am confused.

jim

(purple trousers, permanetly pissed silly grins, poor attempts at
saving penalties in celebrity-am 5-a-sides. sorry 'bout that folks.) etc.

err oh yeah b&s rocked literally like never before.

so obviously massive thanks to them. was going to accost murdoch
in pitch drakness as he sat nose poking out from under a hood at
the beach campfire to thank 'em for the whole thing. but bottled it.
naturally.

errr right thats it.

xcept

soda stream *are* amazing.