Sinister: You can always rely on the kindness of strangers

Tony kissingdom at xxx.net
Wed Apr 28 10:07:33 BST 1999

Or being accosted by Swedish people looking for drugs. Though we did have
security guards swarming round, perhaps they had had complaints that none of
us could remember the words to tiggerjammies when we were pissed or that
Mark's flauting was too twee or something.

Peering through my patchy recollections of Bowlie I seem to recall events
similar to these, as we sat round a tin-foil campfire singing sinistertunes
and sharing birthday cake whilst Mark The Evangelist tried to convince us that
Neil Hannon needed serious repremanding, (he'd tackled Jarvis early in the
weekend) and five-a-side football was played around us.

The couple opposite me on the train back couldn't stop smiling and soon the
whole carriage was grinning like gibbons. Ace.

Tony