Sinister: see you all in september then...

Tjonrr at xxx.com Tjonrr at xxx.com
Wed Apr 28 12:10:00 BST 1999

well i spent the whole weekend avoiding anyone who might have been on this
list. i cant appear in public, it would spoil the myth. sort of like kiss
appearing without their make up.

while we were still queing to get in i passed up the perfect oppurtunity to
insult a well respected elder statesman of the glasgow indierock fraternity.
actually thats a lie, it was duglas out the bmx bandits. he complemented me
on my shirt and i was going to make some withering remark about his blue
bluecoat coat but i was in a christian mood so i didnt. couse, that was
before his cameraman insisted on spending five minutes doing all manner of
close ups and long shots and so forth of my badges while i had to stand there
like a muppet.
then we get inside and theyre selling stacks of selfsame shirts and selfsame
badges. the irony was entirely lost on me and had to be explained by a
student.

just to put a downer on the whole thing can i just say how shit ladybug
transistor were. i sat through the whole set, not wanting to relenquish my
front row spot (in just the right position to be looked down on by stevie
jackson in an aloof way). let me illustrate my thoughts with a wee allegory:
when i was in primary school, i once thought it would be a good idea to
create a wonderful new colour by mixing together all the paints in the class
(and therefore, from my seven year olds perspective, all the colours in the
world). imagine my dismay when it came out peagreen, officially the most
boring colour in the world. i think i (cue wonderyearsesque freezeframe and
voiceover) learnt a valuable lesson that day...
anyway, to jolt you all back into the present, ladybug transistor obviously
never learnt that lesson at an early age, presumably being too selfconciously
arty to bother. you see (bear with me, this is going somewhere) just because
you take a load of great elements from a load of great bands, doesnt
necesarrily make you a great band yourself. it just makes you peagreen.
there you go, ive just took three paragraphs to explain what could have been
summed up in two words. the second one is "wank".

referring to the peolpe sat playing B+S tunes as hippies while we were
playing football. as in "just stomp them, theyre only hippies" when the two
lesuire pursuits accidentally intersected. it wasnt the music i objected to,
just the basic concept of sitting in a circle with an acoustic guitar and a
tambourine. at least there was no campfire in the middle. then the fascist
bullyboy security told us to stop, they had had complaints from nearby
residents about  the noise from the football, but never mentioned the music,
so thats karma for you.
 we moved on to the most boring party in the world- swedish people sat around
being sophisticated. the futility of human existence encapsulated in one room.
i was really paranoid at about this point because all day random people kept
talking to me about billy bragg. it wasnt till the next morning someone
pointed out it may have had something to do with the bragg/guthrie shirt i
had been wearing.

i got one of those two and a half days etc badges as well, and ive only just
discovered where its from in the nme this morning.

i was going to mention the stuff about the rabbit and the stuff about the
seagulls, but it seems a bit cruel in retrospect, so ill just finish here and
keep my reputation as a friend of all gods little creatures.
                                              from tjohn
shit, i forgot to mention the belle and sebastian set. well, that must be
what church is like for religious people. in fact at some point towards the
end of that set my left shin started bleeding for no reason. someone said it
was stigmata and that meant i was jesus, but i just contented myself with a
few random blessings and a goods night sleep.