Sinister: Quite too many sheep for my liking

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Apr 28 12:38:15 BST 1999

Best Bowlie bites:

Ben's solidity at the back of the park, Trousers' trousers and Jim's
fortitude between the sticks, despite getting belted in the face by his own
team-mate - Damon, say you're sorry to the nice gentleman! And to Looper for
needing to soundcheck and allowing us to take their place (I heard one of AC
Acoustics, after we'd hammered them in the 2nd round, muttering that Looper
had brought in ringers, which made me wet myself at the prospect) - shame we
actually had to miss their set as a result :(

Stuart M gentling ribbing me (missus!) for failing to get knocked out of the
footie competition (and my legs still hurt, not least where Alasdair Cook,
the world's best footballer (TM) callously took me from behind (missus!),
though my buttocks aren't too bad).

The impromptu set of Rod Stewart and Simon and Garfunkel standards belted
through a megaphone by Struan, Stevie and a suspiciously giggly Sarah at the
crowd as dusk fell on the Friday night.

The ability of salt to soak red wine from carpets (seven spillages over the
weekend - is this a record?).

Meeting for the first time Fluffy, Ben, Laurel, Sarah W,
CarsmileStevethenicestmanintheworld, Arantxachacha, Robin, Olga, Jordi,
DM,C,UK, Joss, Damon, Giita, Giita's chum, bugger this is getting tricky,
erm, oh yes, Ally&Ailsathenicestflatmatesintheworld, and several others who
I am ashamed not to be mentioning, but you're all lovely.

Meeting all  the people I've already met, but who are equally lovely and too
numerous to list.

A photograph proving that Alix Campbell is the most beautiful woman in the
world - it'll be on Honey's photo page before you can say Cate Blanchett.

Lazy Line Painter Jane, with Monica proving that the size of your gob can be
inversely proportional to the slightness of your stature (I can think of a
few others this is relevant to :)).

Tim's doppelganger did getting his come-uppance - I made him run up and down
an unfeasibly large amount during his cameo as supersub for the Sinister
footie team, and he almost cracked his skull into the bargain - let that be
a lesson to him.

Honey letting me rant on for ages about various thing, and harangue him when
he made the mistake of giving me his mobile number, and meeting the Duke of
Harringay who does, in a very real sense, rule the school.

Worst bits:

Pontins. They fucking suck.

Pontins security - getting threatened with being chucked off site for having
a party at 11pm when the entire place was heaving at 3am, though to be fair
we did deserve having our heads knocked together for the abuse we were
shouting at them from the safety of our balcony (ahem).

Pontins check-in arrangements. What a joke.

Pontins' fucking security wanker who felt the need to expose everybody's
film during B&S's set. Probably the same one who sexually harassed several
of the female guests, if reports are true...

Not being able to stay the course on Saturday night thanks to far more
exertion in the 5-a-side than I could cope with.

Having far too much to do to actually see all that many bands - and Luna
being onstage far too close to B&S. Snot fair...

Hangovers. I am quite honestly still recovering.

And no doubt loads more stuff that needs to be said, but will have to make
occasional appearances in future letters as my memory's too fuzzy to mention
anything else. I am sorry that I missed Nick Dastoor selling his body,
especially at such a bargain price - I strongly advice any lovelorn
sinisterines to get their kicks at foxy Nick's, as he doesn't really look
like Neil Morrissey any more...

So back to not having anything to look forward to... :(

Love Mark xxxx