Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V3 #131

Benjamin M. Poremski benjamin at xxx.com
Wed Apr 28 14:41:43 BST 1999

We're back in New York after the Bowlie sextravaganza. I seem to have come
down with the plague. Who was the zero-case of this social disease? And just
what WERE we doing to have all contracted the same illness?

It was a smashing time, or shit, I can't remember. Laurel tells me I looked
to be having fun, but all I can remember is the leering face of Tim Hopkins
wavering in front of me over yet another pint of Beamish 'stout'. Actually
it WAS smashing and I met a ton of the best people on earth. You know who
you are.

My memory of the football has been jogged by this bit of smack posted to
Sinister:

"The Looper team would have undoubtably won the footie
final had they managed a single shot on goal. Big Tam
was barely in a condition to stand up, let alone save
a shot. The unfortunate though inevitable conclusion
is that Looper just weren't good enough to win.
Better luck next time lads."

Oooo you who don't understand the intricacy of football management. Our
strategy was to wait until the danger man in the Scotland top bled himself
into unconsciousness. He was losing gallons-- the pitch looked like the set
of an Italian slasher flick. Anyhow, we figured that would happen in the
first five minutes of extra time, but the frigging ref double-crossed us by
deciding on penalties. Good enough to win? You betcha.

Last bit. Anyone who saw that "Curse of the Flying Hellfish" episode of the
Simpsons will recognize the competition I'm proposing. Whoever is the last
living soul to remove the awful orange wrist tape from the Bowlie wins a
biscuit-encrusted cardie from Honey's wardrobe. (N.B.: I don't actually have
the cardigan in question, but if Honey can't provide one, I will create a
facsimile.) As I removed my wrist band at Trouser's pad on Monday, I've
already lost, but I am sure that there are people out there aiming for the
Grand Saddo Cup: let's hear about it in, let's say, a month.

Benjamin