Sinister: Shyness is nice...

paul sallis sillas_luap at xxx.com
Wed Apr 28 17:37:19 BST 1999

Hello happy campers & absent friends,

I know its all been said already but Bowlie was
orgasmically good (just ask the lucky victims of the
remote wanking machine).

Being a slave to the all powerful Gods of shyness and
awkwardness I failed dismally to approach any of
my fellow inverted badge clan (of which I spotted at
least five) and unluckily I didn't see the Sunday
picnic notice until about 4 hours after it had
started. But even without the moral guidance of you
lovely mystical internet people I still managed to
have a weekend full of debauchered frolics and gay
abandon.

highlights:
- dancing to The Smiths in the pouring rain on Friday
night after being gently lulled, like frightened
lambs, out of the relative safety of the chalet by our
neighbours across the way.
- Seeing Jarvis Cocker mope around the place in a
strop because no-one was paying any attention to him.
- Turning on the telly Saturday morning to find the
social and pyschological commentary of genius that is
the wonderful Charlie and the chocolate factory.
- Sitting on the beach Monday morning drinking
red-wine and talking absolute shite for hours.
- Belle and Sebastians set, which was so incredible
you could have painted it green sent it out to beatup
badguys.
- lying in the sun sipping Champagne and eating
Ambrosia creamed rice with jam. And then leaping to
the stereo to try and get it dead in time with our
opposite neighbours stereo (both playing Dog on
wheels) thus giving a pseudo-surround sound effect to
our little corner of the site, and knowing that when I
shouted across that "Its 3-6-9 next" that they would
instantly understand me and put it straight on.
- Seeing the big friendly camp-bloke from the Flaming
lips attack a giant gong with more style and grace
than I thought humanly possible.
- Looper (short'n'sweet, with good typewriter sounds
from Karn), Mogwai (interesting for 10 mins),
Sleater-Kinney (I swear the drummer kept winking at
me), Cornelius (for the outstanding 1-2-3-4-5-6 track
and the footy one too), The Divine Comedy (for playing
really tideous songs at the start thus provoking me to
go off and see the Lips instead),
- Dancing for hours like an absolute fool to
cheesey-funk and loving every minute of it.

Apologies & Empathy:
- To anyone who witnessed my scary David Bryne'esque
dancing.
- To the poor girl whos foot I landed on while moshing
to Smells like teen spirit.
- To the Pontins cleaners who had to wakes myself &
friends up at 12:30 Monday afternoon before they
could get in to clean up our mess.
- To Karen, the History of Art student from Glasgow,
who lost a lovely pair of white shoes at the beach
gathering Monday morning (after burrying them by
accident).
- To my lovely, stripey-blue woolly hat that I lost on
Monday and mourn for deeply ::sigh::.
- To Kim for your loss.

Bye bye people, hopefully I can hide from you all
again in September,
Paul.