Sinister: oooo, get me away from here, i'm still jealous...

David Geraghty dbgeraghty at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 28 18:02:21 BST 1999

I took off my blindfold and removed my ear plugs this morning, only for the
first thing I see to be the NME, in all its resplendent Bowlie glory. I
thought I was on the road to recovery, but this has just set me back by a
good few weeks.
All this talk of dancing in the rain, paddling in the sea, and of course,
the perhaps now legendary mobile wanking device (can I get the
blueprints...?) got me thinking, but then that wasn't really the reason I
wrote this...
I just wanted to say that while you all had 'fun' in a holiday camp, I wrote
a marvellously interesting and witty essay on Madonna and her position in
the film and music industry. And yes, I managed to get B&S into it, with my
industrial strength essay shoehorn. The only problem was that my lecturer
returned it to me today, marked and with a note about making up bands to
prove points where only the facts will do. I went to speak to her and she
asked me if I thought she was stupid, as she knew B&S was an old tv
programme, and did I think I was funny? I found it all a little too surreal
to argue, so didn't bother.
I am getting a little disturbed though. The Mental Swathes have almost got
me thrown out of Virgin and B&S are getting me in trouble with lecturers.
Read next week for Looper got me arrested after framing me for fraud. or
something.

hope all the Bowlie in September/August rumours are true as my better half
is still a tad, er, miffed about the miscommunication that resulted in our
non attendance at this one. And I'm going to see Pavement and shes
not.....whoops....

byebye

david x