Sinister: London picnic

Neil Krajewski nkrajewski at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 29 19:44:45 BST 1999

Hi all,

I had recently recovered from a bout of Bowlie blues on Monday night after
the highlights on Radio 1, which seemed to omit sets from all the bands bar
the insipid live experience of Mercury Rev who never seem to match the
brilliance of their albums. That was until everyone returned home and posted
their diaries and other spin offs from what seemed to have to been a perfect
weekend. All I can say is I wish i'd joined the list earlier and found out
what congenial people u all seem to be and then I may well have braved the
intimidation and gone alone providing someone would have accommodated me
obviously. Anyway if there's a next time, I'll be there.

On to the main focus of this message which is somewhat unsurprisingly
intricately linked to the subject. Basically is anyone going to Big Stu's
picnic in our wonderful capital city on Monday? I presume that is too close
to Bowlie for any of u to bother, but if people are going I won't begrudge
the train fare too much.

Now on to what I'm sure you're glad to hear is the final phase of this
message and it also the most irrelavent section of this post. Yesterday I
had a rather surreal experience linked to the mystical tales portrayed on
the fantastic Looper LP. Basically some one was walking round and round a
table  and it prompted a inexplicable bout of hysteria which I could not
articulate the reason for to those non believers gathered around me. Has
anyone had a similar experience based on a tale on a Looper song. Have u for
example seen a car parked everywhere, or a young child 'burning flies.
Anyway enough of these message fillers, I'm always being told to be more
concise and less verbose.

Bye

Neil Krajewski