Sinister: You won't be able to dance to this, you know

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Mon Aug 2 14:24:46 BST 1999

Dear List,

Something coming scarily close to Belle and Sebastian content: While I was
away, I didn't mention that we played TBWTAS at maximum volume at four
o'clock in the morning, to no complaints. I think I've got some new
recruits, too. We danced on the veranda, without a care in the world. I
didn't think you could dance to belle and sebastian, infact I warned them,
"You won't be able to dance to this, you know", but we did. That's Gin for
you. When I was walking through a completely deserted Bengeo at just past
One in the morning after coming back from saturday night's shannigans,
Sparkle by MLS came on my walkman and I danced then too.

Now, I'm off to Ostria for a week on wednesday, I'd send you all a nice
comedy postcard but I'd have to start up some kind of production line to
get them out to each and every one of you. I heard theres lots of me with
beards in Ostria, which terrifies me. Beards scare me, although my faith
has been restored in the beard somewhat by Carsmile Steve, who I met at
this saturday's picnic in bizzare fashion (a hasty retreat back to the pub
with a certain someone who is terrified of lightning, only to both realise
we have forgotten to bring any money - "OH look! it's Carsmile steve
walking along the street!"). Shall I name drop a little more? It was lovely
to meet Pamela h and donna the northern princess, and wonderful to see
someone passed out before the sun had gone down, Marcus. Not to mention
lots of other nice people I wouldn't want to feel left out, but won't
mention anyway.

This week I will be mostly reading 'The Way Of All Flesh' by Samuel Butler
and 'The Rebel' by Albert Camus, whose name I now know how to say ("No,
dear. Not cay-mus, Cam-oo"). Back in time for tigermilking...

and you can be sure I will be thinking of you,
Erica