Sinister: Belle and Sebastian content, plus more

Justin Ginnetti ginnetti at xxx.edu
Mon Aug 2 18:18:22 BST 1999

Hello everyone.  I too have been weaned out of nurseryhood and am piping up for
the first time.

KEEPING IT CLEAN
I was introduced to b&s at the same moment as my kid sis.  One of my pals here in
Philly turned me on to them and I rang my sis to say, "drop what you're doing. .
." and she said, "no, wait, you drop . . . I just heard the most amazing
music--it's a band called. . ."  "But Sa (that's her), that's exactly why I called
you!"  And we ain't twins.  Or gemnis for that matter.

MASTURBATION
Does anyone else listen to SpankRadio at work?

MORE BS
In a really piss poor article in the NY TIMES this weekend someone (sorry that the
name is eluding me) too B&S, along with Moby and the Flaming Lips and others, to
task for being concerned with musicianship, instrumentation, and orchestration at
the expense of being able cutting loose.  Lots of nonsense.

LASTLY
I've been enjoying the posts which make me pine for life in the UK.  Being a
decidedly inarticulate nerd, I'll most likely lurk.