Sinister: a pro blair witch post

Blake E Hamilton hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Tue Aug 3 02:32:00 BST 1999

little witches,

i would just like to report upon my visit to florida this past weekend, and
the things that fell within its borders.

item #1.
i did attend a raucous day of meandering in busch gardens.  no nasty watery
beer though, thank the heavens.  lots of roller coaster, all whom are named
after bi-syllable imaginary animals.  it was much fun.

item #2.
the blair witch project.  well i saw it last night, and i was scared out of
my mind.  some people have posted remarking this movie saying it was 'lame'
and then commenting that the final shots were the scariest things they've
ever seen.  see the discrepancy?  if one allows themselves to be immersed
within its fictional glaze (as with any horror film) than, this is one of
the creepiest films on the planet.  i was generally scared for my life
during the duration of the film, honestly.  it was one of those
change-positions-every-two-seconds to avoid settling one's mind on the film
for a consecutive duration.

lots of people during the film actually laughed at the movie, during very
unfunny parts.  me being the psycho-analyst that i am, i diagnosed this as
misplaced emotion, and that these laughing people were more scared than i
was.

this is also one of those movies that before anything weird, or abnormal, or
deranged happens, it is still very very terrifying.  because, you can sense
an unease through all of the early development.

i really enjoyed the movie, but don't think it's an end all of film, it's
just a very good horror film.

well, enough ranting....

love
blakie