Sinister: An Anti-Blair Witch post (please don't kill me)

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 3 04:00:14 BST 1999

Yesterday, Lana revealed

<< I saw the Blair Witch Project today, and have to tell you all that it was
 pretty much the biggest disappointment of my LIFE. >>

Right on.  I paid $8.25 to see this lame-ass peice of shite movie and I'm
quite upset.   I know its my own stinking fault for insisting we see it in
the nicest, newest theatre in the city, but I still think the owners should
have to validate charging such exhorbitant amounts for pure pish.  The
dialogue was mediocre at best, the acting was terrible (especially the much
maligned Heather) and the plot got old real fast.  I mean, the days lasted
for about 5 minutes worth of footage and everynight the same damn thing
happened.  All the kids seemed to do during the day was lay around in the
underbrush pissing and moaning that they were lost rather than doing
something about it and walking.  Plus I thought the whole idea that anyone in
the their right mind would actually go chasing after something in the woods
in the dead of night with a camera and flashbulb pretty far-fetched.  Balls
that big are usually seen rolling behing Indiana Jones.  I really, really
wanted to like this movie but sadly it was a major letdown.
With that piss and vinegar out of the way, I belatedly bought the new Flaming
Lips album and I like it very much.  I like it as much as I hated Blair Witch
you could say.  I never really got into the Flaming Lips before (the only
other album I've heard is Transmissions From the Satellite Heart) so can
anyone tell me if their older records are anything like The Soft Bulletin?  A
big "pshaw" to anyone who says B&S and the FLs are pre-occupied with
muscianship over letting loose.  Half of B&S's songs sounds like heartfelt
jam sessions, not mapped out, pretentious music.  Same goes for the FLs only
maybe to a lesser degree...
I got a new job in a record store (yes that one that I begged advice
regarding ages ago) and everyone who works there seems to hate this one girl
named Michelle D.  She's usually referred to as "that bitch" or "that bitch
Michelle" so I expected her to be a real...well...bitch.  When I had to sign
a paper for my employee discount on The Soft Bulletin I noticed that Michelle
had picked up a copy of Tigermilk on her store account the day it came out.
I guess if she digs B&S she can't be too bad can she?  If you're on this list
Michelle, just know you're aces in my book...but you're not scoring too high
with the others.  What do they know anyway?
I noticed someone commenting that Fox in the Snow is reminscent of We Rule
The School.  Going on with that thread (probably not a good idea, but oh
well...) I think that the intro to If You're Feeling Sinister sounds quite
the intro to Expectations.  I apologize if someone else has already taken
them to task for this...forty lashes across me bum.
I hope this finds everyone in good health and in various stages of
drunkeness....

that bitch steve c.