Sinister: The Blair Shit Project

Gasgano421 at xxx.com Gasgano421 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 3 05:53:29 BST 1999

Sinisterites,
    Okay, after having a day to think about this film I think I've made up my
mind on it.

over all: it was total shit!

I'll be nice and say that it did have it's creepy parts (namely the end) but
over all, I thought it was a big joke.  Heather (not the one in the movie,
Heatrexo) and I both agree that it seemed more like a bad outtake of MTV's
The Real World than a "scary as hell" horror film.  The acting was all right
and I thought they all did a pretty good job of ad-libbing the whole thing
but come on! did Heather (the one in the movie) actually need to be an
extremely annoying, self centered, whinny cunt!?  If making a film means so
much to you that you're willing to run away from an apparently terrifying
monster that's causing you to scream "Oh my God!  What the Hell is that!!!!!"
at the top of your lungs while still filming and carrying a large lighting
apperatice...there's a problem.  I'm a soon to be student filmmaker but trust
me, I'm not about to risk my life for a film about a myth.  I still think the
idea was good and the effort was all right but in all, The film was a
terrible disaster.  It was horribly under developed too.  There is some much
more to the legend than the film explored yet they use symbolism from the
myth in the film that they never explained.  I do have a theory though and I
was wonder if anyone else agrees.  If you have yet to see the film, this may
spoil it so don't read any further:

MY THEORY:
    I think Josh killed Heather and Mike.  I think after being scared more
than school girl in a room with a spider he went nuts-o and used the legend
the old guy in town told them to kill them.  Maybe that's just me though.
END OF THEORY

More spoiler questions:  Why didn't Heather tell Mike that the bundle of
sticks contained Josh's bloody fingers?  I'd think that'd be a little bit
important.  and what was up with the stick people in the trees?  Where those
there on purpose or did they just come across them and what the hell were
they supposed to mean??

::sigh::  I dunno.  I think in all, they should have tried a little hard,
then maybe the film would have been worth my $7.

My Humble Opinion,
    -alex.