Sinister: "I AM SO SCARED!!!"

Heatrexo at xxx.com Heatrexo at xxx.com
Tue Aug 3 21:15:25 BST 1999

Scott.Turner at marshmc.com writes:

>  Has hollywood conditioned your emotions so much, that you couldn't
>  emerse yourself into this movie and be petrified???!!! I am SO
>  SCARED!!!! Really I am.

Actually for one thing, I don't think Hollywood has conditioned my emotions
to feel anything. Since, First of all, everyone (i.e. hollywood) said it's
the "scariest movie since the exorcist" and blah blah blah...i didn't feel it
during the movie. probably because the person next to Alex bursted out in the
middle of a "scary" part that he "couldn't believe this fucking shit" which
made me laugh..someone else made a loud fart noise.
I'm not trying to decredit your fear by anymeans. I'm the one who wouldn't go
to the bathroom the rest of the night because I saw Arachnophobia. I think if
i saw it under different circumstances the effect would be different. I would
be terrified.

>>What on earth is scary to you then?
where do i begin... In highschool, my creative writing teacher called me "the
poet who's afraid of everything"

I also don't think it was much that the people who said they weren't scared
were desensitized. it's just that I went into the movie with thoughts of
people actually walking out because it was so scary and all the hype that's
put around Blair Witch Project. I'm also the same person who has to watch
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in fear of the oompa loopas. also the
powder man in Lost Highway gives me nightmares... But alas, that's not the
same kind of fear as Blair Witch..fear you can't see.

>>The film technique was truly  inventive and forceful.
I agree with you

I have to admit I don't think i'll ever look at the large woods that are a
few houses down from me in the same light again..

I'll leave you with a story...
When i was about fourteen, I went up north with my family and my aunt and
uncle. my uncle is notorious for trying to scare people and i'm definitely
easy prey. One night I was lying in bed unable to sleep, and my uncle went
outside below the window and started making noises. I didn't know it was my
uncle, so i started to scream and cry and kick.. so anyways, i'm now unable
to go upnorth and sleep properly without  sleeping pills because whenever i
hear any kind of noise i freak out..
yes, i childish story..but at least i can admit it
i haven't been up there in years though.

you probably all think i'm pyscho...eek

love and sparkles,
Heatherxoxo