Sinister: she's a map without a compass

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Tue Aug 3 22:59:31 BST 1999

i just realized the URL in my signature was wrong.  that's really wierd.
anyway, sorry christa and anyone else who tried to go BUXOM..............
the actual URL it seems is
http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange/buxoms.html
the little "L" made all the difference.  i dont' really understand it, but
oh well.

CHASING AMY:
i wrote a poem about this movie.  i've never actually seen it, but it has
traumatized me in ways mere mortals cannot possibly understand.  Let's say
this, the stuff in the movie could concevably happen to someone somewher ein
the world.  But the very fact of its existence--and then, its being embraced
as some sort of cultural phenomenon--purports to make a sweeping statement
of it.  Not to mention that it's a movie seen as dealing with "lesbians"
that is actually written by a heterosexual male, which says more about said
male than anything else.  so i have problems with that movie, not so much
the movie than with the fact that people seem to watch the movie expecting
to be educated about something.   When i workshopped my chasing amy poem in
class, one girl wrote a comment on my paper saying that she had just watched
the film, and "learned a lot about lesbianism".   NOT!!!  it's a movie about
a narcissistic guy and his slutty girl troubles.  GROW UP_!!!!

okay anyway i got that out of my system.
Andrea Dworkin rocks my ass,
LJ
and please don't write me telling me that andrea dworkin is a psycho, as
sheela nagig would say, "HEARD IT BEFORE!!"

http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange/buxoms.html "Post-feminist MY ASS!!!"
"ABBA is the pinnacle of Western civilization"  --Stephin Merritt

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com