Sinister: chasing a fine kettle of fish.....

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Wed Aug 4 07:32:16 BST 1999

Justin:
>birth, of course that is a ridiculous and male-influenced fantasy, but not
>all lesbians feel they have been attracted to females from birth. It's just
not that cut and dry for everyone. That is, however, an entirely separate
>discussion.

of course it isn't black and white for everyone, not even for me.  i wasn't
saying that the movie damages our concepts of essentialism in sexual
orientation.....a theory that's iffy at best, and inherently subjective.
i liked boys in high school.  but apparently it was a phase. i won't  go
into that.   but obviously i dont 'believe that everyone defines their
sexuality by neat labels.  I never used to, but i think it just became
practical for me to do so (call myself a 'lesbian') because......well i'm
only romantically interested in women, so what else should i say??  it's a
way i am that i didn't choose to feel (i felt that way to some degree as
young as i can recall), yet i make the choice to live the way i do because
it works for me.  maybe some others think differently.  that's just me
though.

>. I understand that you may think that because of
this movie now all heterosexual males who have seen it will think that they
>can "change" or influence their lesbian friend to fall in love with them

of course i do not.  i dont' take all men to be that stupid.  i'm just
annoyed by the things i've heard about the film.  the attitude SOME ppl seem
to get from it.  AND everyone i've talked to who saw it, didn't like it,
some hated it, so i dont' think it's going to be some kind of perfect film.
it's just a movie.   all i'm saying is that some ignorant peopel out there
seem to view the film as being authoritative in some way.  Probably those
kind of people are too otu of the loop to bother with what they think, but
it worries me nonetheless.

>secondly I consider myself if anything much more anti-male (testosterone
ones to be exact) than anti-female.

Come again??  there's no need to be anti- one entire genetic half of a
species.  as for me, i'm anti-assholes, whoever they may be.    ppl accuse
me of male-bashing cos i read a lot of 'feminist' texts.  i do not hide the
fact i have a lot of anger towards a lot of things.  I think the social
structure in this world is innately fucked up, from the start.  but what can
you do?  i'm waiting for the culture to break down, and ppl start runing
around in the streets cross=-dressing and yelling and smashing tv sets.
Yeah!  then we can start a whole new fucked up society.   I'm not
fatalistic.  but you have to work with what you get.  and i'm a little
ticked off at what i got, but i'm trying to work with it.  so excuse my
rants.  or don't, doesn't matter to me.
btw justin, niice judybats quote.

SELF PROMOTION
I fixed the buxoms page, it now works.  hurrah!

FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE
Love is: (to repeat a tired subject) Knowing all of someone, the good and
the bad, and loving them for every bit of it, trusting to let them know you,
and knowing they would feel the same about you.

DC B/S REVIEW
>ake them look like a twee band, schoolbuses and kids riding bikes and
stuff. I know Isobel did some of the designs.
T>ee is what happens when liberal arts students flunk out and go back
home to live. They can't face the fact that they've got no future, so
>hey pretend they are still children. Everything's all candy and ice
>ream and stuffed animals and kitty-cats

Jesus, is someone BITTER, possibly??   my god.

>er piano lessons. And she hasn't learned much from Stuarts M. and D.
>bout writing songs.

what she gonna learn from stuart D, how to mumble over random noises?
*WHOA!!*

>aybe now they'll be less likely to show up on the
new record B&S is recording in the fall. If you're worried your
>ullycraft and Bunnygrunt CDs

well hurrah.  yet another mark on the wall for the 'FUCK NO,BELLE AND SEBBY
AREN'T TWEE!!" set.  god bless their irritable little souls.

sorry, that just starches my bloomers.
LJ, who needs to get a life and not post for like a week now

http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange/buxoms.html "Buxom is as buxom does"
"ABBA is the pinnacle of Western civilization"  --Stephin Merritt

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com