Sinister: angry senior citizen

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 5 00:40:58 BST 1999

Dear List,

Something is wrong with my internet,am forced to use
slow-as-molasses-method.I went to a lundromat for the first time
yesterday,it was delightfully urban.I chewed gum and read a magazine and
swung my legs and felt like I was in a music video!

My new house is located near university so there are loads of attractive
older boys milling about.Not ONE has asked me if I needed help being shown
around the neighbourhood yet.Am saddened by this fact.They all wear the look
of IM SO COOL upon their visages.I dont know why they wont help me out...I`m
the  girl next door now.

Because I want to bore Tag`s pants off (hur hur hur!) I must mention the
Blair Witch Project.You have no idea how much it is hyped up this movie,and
now I am beginning to think it was brilliant marketing stragety by two con
men.I went in thinking I would have to paint a cross on my head in able to
get to sleep after seeing it.Sadly...I didnt even feel suspense.Oh
yes,marvellous acting...I agree,it has the authentic raw loook,it just didnt
scare me OR my little brother (a true expert on horror films).I was SO
UNBELIEVEABLY disappointed.Its all the critics in the newspapers who went on
to say how it re-invented horror that bothers me.The mockumentary effect has
been done before...and the groundbreaking ending? Thats been done
too.Perhaps it was lack of music.I know..I know,there was no music for that
authentic feel,but still,I swear...its music that creates the suspense I
think.Mute your favourite scary movies and see how scary they are.Also,the
thought of the forest being scary is ridiculous to me,but oh well.It has
nothing to do with me being de-sensitized (up untill now we`ve only ever had
3 tv channels,so I never watched much tv) or the fact that the `its up to
you ending will leave some viewers un-satisifed who are used to having
everything explained for them` Listen,I watch those artsy-foreign movies
that have those kind of endings all the time,and I love them..gah...and the
one part in the ending,where Mikey is standing in the corner? Is he having a
pee or what? Typical city folk! Think they can just whip it out anywhere
when they come to the country.Thats what the tourists would do in Wakefield
when they`d get off the train.Yes,we natives dont have electricity,of
course.I also saw Heavenly Creatures (again) last night..weird,I think I`m
being transmitted Tag waves. Sigh...I cry so much during that movie...how
lovely it would be to have a friend you are that intensely  close with!
(Never mind the more sinister acts they commit,but the glory moments)Running
through the fields and laughing and taking baths together and swimming in
the forest creeks!

So,gentle people,if you want to increase that heart rate,I`d recommend you
save your money and just whip out a picture of Stuart Murdoch.(or Isobel if
you`re one of them weirdies)

Gosh,the picnic was a lot of fun,wasn`t it!? Oh..you didnt see me there? I
was the little gnome up the tree who was taken pictures of you the whole
time...heh heh.No honestly,I`ve  been looking at some of the picnic pictures
and Netscape closed down on me...I guess a certain some of you are just a
little too foxy.

Yes,if you have a Scottish (or English) accent you can have any girl you
want over-seas.Duh! Well,you can have me at least.But I dont think that was
the prize you were looking over,was it?

Yours,
slow-as-molasses genevieve xxx