Sinister: Kiss and make up in a Spanish house

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 5 08:48:12 BST 1999

Which B&S song would you like Weird Al Yankovitch to "cover"? Just a
thought. And have you heard that Chris Rock Version of that Baz Luhrmann
song "Everybody's free (to wear sunscreen)"? "There is no sex in the
champangeroom". And am I the only one who thinks it was absolutely hilarious
(at least when I heard it for the first time yesterday)? Sample line:
"If a homeless person is holding a funny sign, he hasn't been homeless  for
long. A real homeless person is too hungry to make funny signs."

Oh, went to that play yesterday. Actually, it wasn't that bad, now that I
think of it. It was about this 17- year old girl who was a lesbian and who
was really unsure about herself, who loved her best friend who had no idea
about her feelings. Well, it all turned out fine in the end of course, the
girl came out and her best friend turned out to be a bi-sexual. Except that
the best friend married this guy who she had found while in Greece, but the
main character found herself a lover too. Some parts of the play were pretty
good, but some parts were so underlined with those "men are bad, women are
good, every person is equal, eating meat is wrong, religion is bad"- themes
that it just made me close my eyes and feel pity for the person who wrote
it. Every now and then these guys dressed in black came to the stage,
wearing these black masks. For the first twenty minutes I wondered what the
fuck they were supposed to be, but then I realized they represented her
mixed feeling about herself. What a dumbass I can be sometimes.

A few things were waaaaaay over my head, though. Like when the girl and her
friend kissed for the first time, the "mixed feelings" came to the stage
again and poured ketchup on tampons. Eh?????????? What the...? And the
ending: the girl falls asleep, her best friend comes to the stage, wearing a
mask like those "inner feeling" dudes, climbs up to her bed, spreads her
arms and poses as Jesus on the cross. WHAT?????
And yeah, like I said, it was a bit too underlined, but then I realized it
was made as an educational play for 13-18 year olds, so maybe it would work
better with them.

You just didn't give a rats ass about that one, did you? Well I'll shut up
about the play then. And move on to footie. Fuck you, Glasgow people (not
Celtic supporters, though). Rangers beating FC Haka from Finland 3-0 in the
secong round Champions League- qualifying match last night. Made me feel
sorry for myself for some reason. Stayed up over midnight because of that
butchering. Thats just not very polite, making me have nightmares like that,
now is it?

Footie, Weird Al and plays about dykes. How useless can a post be?