Sinister: expectations?

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 5 13:31:50 BST 1999

WHAT NO DISSERTATION?

my my.  what's this i seem to have stumbled on?  a mailing list i do declare.
 this must mean that i haven't got anything useful to do.  i return to the
nurturing bosom of sinister a sadder and a wiser girl, jaded by job
applications, signing on, the startling crapness of AOL, and all the other
slings and arrows of outrageous real life.

on the plus side, my still-a-student friend just phoned in a tizzy about some
essays, and i was able to be detachedly sympathetic and secretly smug.

SEX EDUCATION

in my experience the term is a laughable misnomer.  the essential problem
seems to be that every biologically slanted lesson on the subject revolves
around 'and then the man puts his penis inside the woman's vagina'.  as if
penetration was the only point (as it were) to sex.  no wonder there's so
much teenage pregnancy about  (no, not a right-wing rant) - they don't tell
kids that anything other than your basic hide-the-sausage is an option.  and
to tie in female masturbation: if girls were encouraged to do this the way
boys now are, they probably wouldn't fancy sex until they were a bit older
anyway.  how can a spotty, prematurely ejaculating, - "i thought the clitoris
was a climbing plant" - teenager compete with expertly 'stroking the kitten'
yourself?  put me in charge (or germaine greer - she's sensible about these
things,  though not about certain others.)

BELL'N SEBASJUN (DIS)CONTENT(ED)

i've been spending all my non-existent money on train tickets to see my
absent sweetheart and go to interviews, so have not replaced my bootleg copy
of Tigermilk yet.  naughty question, but can someone who has the bootleg CD
(with radcliffe sessions on it) tell me just HOW MUCH difference there is in
sound quality.  i hate to think of not being a b&s completist, but funds are
short.  and yet i had to swallow the bitter pill of buying my boyfriend's
spoilt sister a shitty Ibitha CD for her birthday, which she turned out to
already have.  (georgie, if you've suddenly grown some taste and are reading
this, i love you really :))

(sub-heading) ER

someone ages ago suggested that we may not like ER if it were by a different
band.  i must agree: the heady mix of personal tragedy, gore, inpenetrable
medical terminology and sexual tension would simply not succeed were it not
authored by the gritty, uncompromising talents that make up b&s.  isobel does
all the bits where doctors are caught having sex, you know.

STUMBLING OUT OF A POOR COMEBACK POST

right then...

you're all funny and gorgeous, you are.  and trousers was quoted in the
guardian today. wooooo!

from sussex by the sea, archel xxx