Sinister: A hymn to the public transport system

Robin Stout robin.stout at xxx.com
Thu Aug 5 15:13:54 BST 1999

Hello

    I've decided that stacking shelves in a supermarket every evening
actually makes you go mad. You end up thinking the same things over and over
again. So I decided last night, whilst I was looking for the Ragu stir-in
sauce, that I'd try to think up an idea for a sitcom. This went quite well.
My idea involves a man with curly hair and his lovely wife who move into a
suburban house and decide to grow their own vegetables. The man, Tom, likes
wearing corduroy and wellies and makes a car out of a lawnmower. His wife is
very lovely and rather pert. Their next-door neighbours, Margo and Jerry,
are always looking over the fence to see what all the noise is about.
Usually it involves Tom chasing a pig, or making a car out of a lawnmower.
Margo has a big nose and looks like Maggie Thatcher. Actually Jerry looks
like a polititian too. Funny things are always happening because the one
couple is very posh and the other is very smelly.
    I'm a big fan of public transport myself and this is one reason why I
like Belle and Sebastian. Last night, as I looked for the Dolmio stir-in
sauce, I tried to count the number of songs that refered to buses, trains
and bikes. I counted about fourteen, but I have to admit I was slightly
distracted by an old woman who kept talking to me about her son who was in
the army. He's always been a bit of a tearaway.
    I've been making a website in my spare time but frankly it's a bit shit
at the moment so I'll keep it under wraps for now. And the word on the
street, being whispered by the roof tiles, is that our Jarve and his evil
nemesis, Steve Mackey are doing another DJing session in Birmingham soon. So
if anyone knows anything about this could you get in touch, cos I fancy
going.

    Well that's it

                        Robin xxx