Sinister: IN the FACE!

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Aug 6 10:03:57 BST 1999

Nick Dasboot said:

Interestingly,   the word 'lambast' has only ever been used once on
Sinister.
As has 'castigate'. 'Slate' has been used seven times

Every time I read a Nick Dastoor post, I smile warmly at the wit and
loveability of the boy, and then he adds *something* that makes me wonder
what the hell he does with himself all day? Female masturbation, I reckon.
(and lambaste is spelt with an "e", which'll be why :))

As Nicholas has probably already posted, oor wee Isobel was declared an
Alternative Fashion Icon (with piccie) in the Guardian this morning, for
wearing 60s slip dresses and headscarves. So were Blur, though (not the
headscarves bit). Cast, interestingly, weren't.

So, Ebola. Nice to see we're in the middle of Europe's first outbreak -
there's something satisfyingly sinister (small "s" about the phrase "patient
zero" and, having watched Dustin Hoffman's quality film "Outbreak" only a
few weeks ago, I feel happy in the knowledge that blind terror and panic are
the best ways to overcome the fearsome viral threat. My insides ain't
turning to mush, no sirree...

Why no talk of Helen Love and Atari Teenage Riot?

I signed for a mortgage yesterday. I am now well and truly out of the sphere
of reference used in B&S songs - should I  like them less? My arse...

It must be two whole days since I last mentioned Tigermilking, Upstairs at
the Garage, Friday 13th August (wear a B&S something for cheap(er)
entrance). But I can again now, as we've (gasp) got a band! And, even
better, they are the Sinister List's very own PICTUREBOX, and they sound
fantastic. A combination of top pop live extravaganza and H!I!T!S! from
Freedesign to Stereolab, Serge to Madonna, The Italian Job to The Acid
House, Bomb the Bass to the Fieldmice, and huge great creamy helpings of
Fashion Icon combo Belle and Sebastian, not to mention freebies galore, how
can you say no...

Big kisses to each and every one of you,
Mark xxx