Sinister: RE: sinister-digest V3 #265

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Aug 6 14:58:43 BST 1999

Ooh, Chris_t's post has inspired me to write again. This is possibly a bad
thing, and honey may come down on me hard (oh yes please :)), but hell, I'm
not exactly inspired very often, as you may have guessed.

Anyway, he called me an experienced lover. Sort of. Which is good enough for
me.

I've been having long conversations with my almost-a-doctor brother lately
about booze, having now achieved the magic 25 when your body is supposed to
go "right, that's it, I'm not going to look after you when you choose to
fuck me up with booze 'n' drugs 'n' lassies 'n' late nights 'n' that loud
music that you young'uns listen to these days".  Obviously, then, it becomes
vital to know how much drink I can justifiably put away with hastening red
veiny bits appearing on my face and my nose turning into a Florida pink
grapefruit. And (I am getting to the point, honest), he reckons it's best to
drink as much as you like one night if you give yourself several days
without alcohol to recover (or the Student Drinking Pattern as it's known,
students being too poor to have a relaxing couple of pints as they have to
save their beer money for getting shitfaced on Friday & Saturday nights. And
no I'm not being patronising (much), that's what me and all my friends would
do). It's all to do with enzymes getting saturated, apparently.
Unfortunately, like most people de la deuxieme age, I prefer two or three
glasses of wine (dry white, or perhaps a spritzer - so cosmopolitan! ~) most
nights (the exception being sinister picnics, or club nights like
Tigermilking 13/8/99, cheers), which it seems is more harmful as you don't
give your liver time in between to de-saturate the enzymes. Or something.

Which didn't answer Chris_t's question at all.

I may be wrong, but isn't Melanie Chisholm of this parish actually Sporty
Spice? Knocks Evan Dando into a cocked hat as far as Sinister celebs are
concerned...

Those bastards at V*rgin! Wonder what's in it for them? I was quite getting
used to that chat room, too :) Still, it's just another reminder that this
fantastic service which is so easy to take for granted can be removed from
us with no warning at any time, so a massive massive thank you (again) to
Honey for keeping things going and can I have a gold star for being a great
big arselicker please?

Big love, big cheese, big job,
Markx