Sinister: Over the hill, the craic was good

Cairns, Joe Joe.Cairns at xxx.com
Fri Aug 6 19:07:01 BST 1999

Devoid of scary witches, true love, and (female) wanking, my first matin out
of the nursery was proving decidely un-Sinister, until I tempted fate and
boarded public transport.

Woken from my slumber at Salford Crescent, the walkman had turned itself up
v v v loud indeed, but the cynical news reports and racing tips had been
magically ousted by lovely chiming guitars. Convinced that I was
telepathically receiving new B&S, it was a little disappointing when Bob
Dylan started singing. Would it be wrong to assume that Stevie has heard /
likes v much 'Stuck Inside of Mobile w/ the memphis Blues Again??

The very next record was another B&S rip-off: 'Coney Island' by Van
Morrison. Carbon copy of some stuff off the looper elpee, but with hideous
belfast accent. Van's kinda sweet, no? specially the one on his last album
that sounded like the tune from 'Pigeon Street'.

Strangely, I hadn't been listening to Kiss Fm, or the mighty WISH 102.4
("broadcasting to West houghton, Lowton and Parbold"), but Desert Island
discs with Rick 'Seymour' Stein , the fish guy off the telly.

Just time to heartily recommend C4's repeats of 'West Heath Yard' to
recommend to brit listees with a craving for Edwyn Collins on splendidly
catty form. Altogether now: 'They could be the Next Gay Dad!'

bye
joex