Sinister: Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Aug 6 20:42:35 BST 1999

I've been looking at some photos on Paul's FHC hosted website. What
can I say? Heavenly creatures, the lot of you. Some of you are almost
exactly as I had imagined, some of you are completely different, and
some of you are quite a bit older than I thought you were. And some of
you are less blond. And one of you has lost their trademark
spectacles. And some of you can't point a camera straight because
you're too sozzled.

Macka B. Who likes Macka B? My local head store has just received a
huge shipment of Macka B goodies, and I quite like the song I've heard
("Squeeze Me", in which he claims to be a big teddy bear) so I thought
I'd check out the masses of Macka B information on the web. But there
was hardly any. But I did find out that Macka B used to appear on a
weekly television programme in the Midlands (the best place in the
world) and had to come up with a little song / stroke / dj rap thing
about the week's events, presumably in the Midlands. Fantastic! Does
anyone remember this programme? What was it? I bet it was that thing
Rusty Lee used to be on. Not "Midlands Today", the other one.

That song Tim mentioned the Tindersticks doing, "If You're Looking For
a Way Out", that was the kind of song that used to suddenly plunge us
into depths of despair during the Sunday afternoon hit parade rundown,
subtely turning our thoughts towards double maths in the morning. This
is Sister Disco's poignant thought for the day. I think it needs a bit
of work. Great song though. Terrific.

Apologies to South East Asia. It's a bigger flood than I thought.

There were loads of lesbians at the Pyrenees music festival, they'd
come to see Daudé, a Brazilian bird who has two fantastic backing
singers/dancers. You should go and see them if you get chance, it's
top entertainment. They've been shopping in the latin beats aisle,
just like Ricky Martin, only sexier and the nipples are bigger. Ernest
Ranglin was cancelled, so was Toumani Diabate, so all in all it was a
bit shit. Good place though, high up. There were Pyrenean mountain
dogs too. I knew I'd get some B&S content in eventually.

Who had a look at Monsieur Gerard's website? He's worked with some
impressive figures from the world of jazz, people who've been on truly
monumental records. No wonder B&S are so far down his list. I'm
impressed. I'm also looking forward to the new Gentle Waves LP. I
don't think Ding Dong is anywhere near as twee as she's made out to
be, some of her lyrics are quite bleak, in a twee kind of way. I say
she ROCKS!

What was Trousers doing in the garden? I mean The Guardian? Blake
Witch Project was in our paper yesterday, but I didn't read that
either. And it was on the radio, so I stuck my fingers in my ears and
shouted "blerdleblergdèlryubelurtudngowpetrhblah" until it had
finished.

Peter