Sinister: It started like any other day . . .

Dan Hooper dhooper at xxx.com
Sat Aug 7 03:44:03 BST 1999

a friday, like any other friday, except it was payday, and it found me in
my cube, at my desk, poking furiously away at my keyboard in order to
finish a report for the man in the big office with the big windows that let
in all that california sunshine.

Then, from around the dusty pink wall, which seperates my cozy little hell
from my neighbor's, comes brother paul the speacial office mail man, who,
without a word or any acknowlegement of the near by presence of another
lifeform, drops a twelve by twelve by one inch plain brown box on my desk.

Looking up from my work, which if done correctly will enable the man with
the big head in the big office with the large windows which flood the big
carpet with all that california sunshine to afford to enlarge his window
and his office and his head even more, I noticed a small white label on the
twelve by twelve by one inch plain brown box that along with my name and
the name of the business that carries the name of the man with the big head
in the big office was the word "jeepster."

Hazza! and Hurray!  The world is transformed! For inclosed within the
twelve by twelve by one inch confines of the aformentioned plain brown box
are one beautifully red "If You're Feeling Sinister," one golden "Dog On
Wheels," a very sassy magenta and black "Lazy Line painter Jane," a soft
white and grey "369 Seconds of Light," a bricky orange "This is JUst A
Modern Rock Song," and a very sexy and soft dusty blue grey "Tigermilk."

Yes friends, my records have arrived and it's friday (I'm in love, or might
as well be . . .) and I have no great plans for this weekend (except
collecting my new easy chairs and rearranging the living room, but that
plan dovetails rather nicely into the new one, which is . . .) A BELLE AND
SEBASTIAN MARATHON!!!!!!

Joy of joys, who would have thought that six records could make such a
monumental difference in my day! From the moment I opened the box, I have
been floating some three to five inches off the floor, greeting my fellow
office drones with a smile and wave, wishing the big headed man in the big
office with the big window a good day as I dropped my report on his desk
and took a long refreshing look at the california sunshine through his big
window before returning to my desk where a message requesting me to submit
to a mandatory drug test awaited me. But who cares? My weekend is full of
Belle and Sebastian and I can not wait.

Which just goes to show you: we humans need something to look forward to.

I love you all, including the big headed man in the big office with the big
window that  lets the california sunshine flood all over his big toothy
grin.

All the Best
Daniel Hooper