Sinister: uncovering

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Sat Aug 7 18:09:14 BST 1999

CAN'T BE ARSED TO DO ANY MORE HEADINGS

i was listening to tigermilk while checking my email the the other day and
aol has joanna lumley's voice when you sign on (or maybe it's just a personal
fetish of my computer?)  anyway, the effect of ms lumley's honey tones over
the top of 'the state i am in' was quite interesting.  i say a duet, now.

speaking of covers (not me, other people), did anyone else hear travis
covering 'baby one more time' by britney "glottal stop" spears on radio 1?
very bizarre.  i think that b&s should definitely cover 'love's got a hold on
my heart' by steps in the near future, although they might have trouble
conveying the depth of meaning.  meanwhile steps could do 'slow graffiti'.

you know how LLPJ has that line about 'you read in a book, that you got free
in Boots'?  well, i watched brief encounter on video last night and realised
that celia johnson gets her books free in boots lending library.  don't
expect that's what the song means, but in any case i think it would be good
if a library was still combined with Boots.  'the new catherine cookson and a
pack of three, please'.

millertime:  trousers was in the guardian because he's just been made
secretary general of NATO.  either that or he was wheeled out to talk about
poetry, i always get confused reading the papers.

someone half offered me a job this morning, which is half a job offer more
than i've had from anyone so far.  i think i'm having an interview next week
- god they're scary things, aren't they?  my last one consisted of a brusque
lady glancing through my cv and listing all the things i hadn't had
experience of, so i'm thinking that maybe i haven't got that job.

i've got millennium angst.  i'm haunted by this feeling that i should be
celebrating with every single one of my friends, but that's not going to
happen as many of them are, or will be, out of the country and many others
aren't on speaking terms, which doesn't make for a great party unless i can
arrange a) satellite link-ups and b) a peace-keeping force (trousers?).  so
up until now my plans for the big night were to go to bed and wake up when it
was safely january, or maybe even february, but i think i'd really quite like
a sinister gathering.  especially if it was in brighton.  anyone got a big
house?

i'm going to go and get dressed now - i haven't felt sufficiently interested
in the day to do so yet.  (and no, this doesn't mean i'm naked, so you can
stop retching now.  although i must do an erica in reverse and say that while
my picture looks blotchy and disturbingly large, i'm actually gorgeous.)

luv archel xxx