Sinister: things'll never be the same...

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Mon Aug 9 02:19:31 BST 1999

hello all my cheeky cherubs...
                                           i've been forced to lift my head
up from my lurking state
to comment on tribute albums...hang on i'd better do this properly....

TRIBUTE ALBUMS

probably the best tribute album i've heard is a spacemen 3 one that came out
on rocket girl a little while back...it came in a black cardboard box with
the spacemen 3 symbol in silver & it came with a keyring! these small touches
mean alot to me !
anyway it features the likes of , bowery electric
                                              mogwai
                                              arab strab
                                              low
                                             & piano magic...
to name just a few...i realise spacemen 3 may not be everybodys cup of tea...
but this is a very good album ...well thought out ...& its always good to
hear other peoples interpretations of a band that has obviously influenced
them...which i think this is...+ a spacemen 3 keyring!!!!! what more could
you want.
the joy division tribute album '' a means to an end '' is ok but i was a
little bit disappointed.( probably 'cos there was no keyring. )

BLAIR WITCHIPOO

speaking as someone that got scared watching Carry on Screaming...( i was
only 10 or 11 at the time but these things scar you for life ) i don't think
it would be a good idea if i watched this film.

PHANTOM MENACE

is it my imagination or have i overdone it on the iceberg slim books (
currently reading Long White Con ) but principal character jar jar binks has
the best pimp walk ever...

B & S

my grandmother thinks i'm in belle & sebastian..., being quite an open minded
old lady ...she likes to hear what us younger people are listening to...and i
often play her stuff that i'm currently listening to...anyway i happened to
play her b&s one time...and she said '' is that your band my son ''  'cos she
knows i'm in a band...i haven't played her any of our stuff 'cos i don't want
to scare her...&  i said '' no nan its belle & sebastian '' to which she said
'' is that the other people in your group...'' she's a little hard of hearing
...well she is 98...so i left it at that...& she looked rather proud of me.
if it makes an old lady happy what harm is done.

anyway you crazy kids ...i've taken up far too much of your valuable
time...for which i apologise ..., i may make an appearance at tigermilking
...i'm thinking about coming in costume ...i'll either come as : 1)   Elvis
... ( Las Vegas style of course )
                                       2)   jar jar binks ( depends if i can
do the pimp walk)
          3)   rather sweaty postman thats just finished work... well ok
...it'll probably be the sweating postie...i work about 10 mins away from the
garage ...& i won't have time to go home and change ...thats the reason i
never went to the last one ...i finished work & i had a sweat patch the size
of alaska on my back! so i chickened out.

i'll say goodbye ...& i'll see you when i see you ...

                           richard..,sometimes called ricky...,sometimes
called ricardo...but
                           never called richie.