Sinister: To have and to vote

Guilherme Barrella guile at xxx.br
Mon Aug 9 07:43:43 BST 1999

Hello Sinisterines,

I have just found about the wonders of copy and paste, so I took a
excerpt of fellow sinisterine Thom Murphy's message and I misspelled his
words in order to manipulate you.

Thom wrote:
<<well folks, i have just voted for mr. guilherme barrella (gui) as time
magazine's "person of the century", and urge you all to do the same.
yitzhak rabin was a great man, to be sure, but i don't see him as
staying on top for long. if the people at time had their way it would
probably go to elvis. why not see how many we can get for gui?>>

Thank you Thom. It was very kind of you. I took your advice and just
gave me a vote. Don't worry about the editor's choice, they already know
about me. I wrote a letter to them telling that I invented the Spell
Checker and they believed. Now they treat me as a god.

Oh, what else? It was important... Ah, Kin Woo wrote (don't you love
copy and paste?):

<<Also, have been desperately searching for this rare song: Nick Cave
and the Bad Seeds with Scott Walker (how great is that?): "I threw it
all away" from the "to Have and To Hold" soundtrack. Am unwilling to buy
a soundtrack just for one song (way too poor for that!) but does any
listee have it, or have heard it?>>

I was going to e-mail just Kin about this but I thought you might like
to know that too (if you don't know yet). Well, "I threw it all away" is
a 1969 Bob Dylan song performed by Scott Walker and arranged by Barry
Adamson (my turn to ask: how great is that?). And what about Nick Cave
and The Bad Seeds? All the original score of this soundtrack was
composed by Nick Cave, Mick Harvey and Blixa Bargeld and it was
performed by an amazing orchestra of violins, violas, bass and cellos.
Just beautiful! It worthies every cent I spent on it.

Oh, and what about the movie? I haven't seen it but I'm dying to do it
although I know it will never be released around here. Anyone saw it?

Okay, I'm going now. Bye bye and take care you all.

Love,

gui