Sinister: New York, Boston, Toronto, Camber Sands...

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 9 16:11:20 BST 1999

Dear all,

I'm so bored at work today. The sky is grey, and I'm sad to say that that
eclipse thing will be many clouds away. Still it's probably the best way of
preventing retina damage isn't it?

Anyway to distract from boring work... yes it's nearly time for my mini
world tour of New York, Boston and Toronto before washing up onto the fair
golden sandy beaches of Camber Sands for some music festival with a bunch
of degenerate alcoholics (and yes I do mean you). If anyone wishes to
interrupt theses adventures to have a beer or a nice cup of tea with me in
any of the above places please let me know. Also I need the lowdown on
places to go i.e clubs and bars in Boston and New York especially and if
their are any good gigs in NY at the end of August or in Boston at the
start of September. Any help on these matters would be more than
appreciated and earn my eternal gratitude. Actually could anyone also teach
me the etiquette of tipping too as that completely baffles me, especially
when they start giving free drinks and I'm a bit tipsy. It's all very
confusing. Is it rude to bring a calculator?

I also saw that Kate Rusby on telly the other day. She was quite lovely and
I found her playing quite enchanting. I was more than surprised to find a
thug like Casarotto could appreciate it, but obviously there's more to him
than cynical fouling and a love of Britney Spears.

I'm sure I had something else to say... I'm pretty sure it wasn't about
Cornish Pasties or nipples, lovely though they are... oh I know, it was
Funky Seb in that video, he did say he was going to be in a Moby video so
it probably was him. And it's nice to see the debonair, classically trained
Geoff on the photos page. His mum must be so proud.

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings
http://www.send.demon.co.uk