Sinister: Little lies, tell me sweet little lies

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Mon Aug 9 17:56:34 BST 1999

Kevan Cooke made an horrific mistake in his post when he trilled:

"has anyone else noticed how much helen love sound like a welsh indie
band "...crossed with thom yorke"?  it's uncanny, it really is."

I like a challenge, ol' DJ/chalet mate o' mine...if anyone has any Helen
Love rarities, live albums, early demos or whatever (duets with Cerys
Matthews, hey, even Meg Matthews would be great) can they please send me
them quick smart, in time for the slightly reworked A Night Of Helen Love
And "Weird" Al Yankovic Worship, Upstairs at the Garage, Friday 13th August.
Ta.

Martin, did you tape the divine Ms Rusby? I'll swap you a very slightly
soiled Ant & Dec single for a viewing...tipping in New York is a piece of
piss. Buy something, then give the waiter/barman/shopgirl/cabbie all the
rest of your money. Worked for me. And I liked it so much that I'm going
back to NY this autumn...

I haven't received naked hatred from my mates/colleagues for playing B&S,
but many a merry hour is spent with my friends happily taking the piss out
of me. My mate Christian started singing a made-up version of Judy... in a
mimsy voice, and although he'd never heard them at all, actually managed to
get the tune *exactly* right. Oh dear. At work I only got half way through
Me and the Midget before it was taken off, though the entire Looper album
did get a playing. Looper always were classier, anyway.

The curse of the medium t-shirt has befallen me also. I now own no less than
four scotpop medium sized shirts, each of them slightly too small in
*exactly* the same way. Will I ever learn? On the other hand, my large,
American-style (a slightly lighter blue, and apparently inferior stitching)
Study at Stow shirt just looks baggy and stupid. Fitted shirts please, pop
merchandising people, and for boys too...

Big hug
Mark xxx