Sinister: Honk! Honk!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Aug 9 19:54:44 BST 1999

I wish Big Stu had thought to install a Roddcam on top of his
rucksack.

Thank you Rachel for zipping up the flies in my Trousers knowledge the
other day. I looked him up on the Guardian website: here's the URL if
anyone else wants a look, but I warn you, it's not the four-page
pull-out I was hoping for:
http://www.newsunlimited.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,70969,00.html
If the number at the end turns out to be wrong, just pretend you're
trying to nick someone's bike and try all the possible combinations. I
noticed that the story mentioned something about Internet voting. How
about rigging it to make The WHO's 70s classic "Postcard" best song
lyric ever? "There's loads of frankfurters/ and people that hurt us/
in Germany". Or how about the unforgettable "He's gay, he's bent, his
arse is up for rent!" by Jacques Brel? We could always swing it for
B&S to win, just to prove that the Brits victory was no fluke.

I've been practising looking at the sun today. I haven't bloody well
gone blind. But just in case, I'm going to look at the eclipse through
the picture of an eclipse on the cover of the booklet from "Zeit" by
Tangerine Dream, the band the expression "boundaries of totality" was
made for.

I wish someone would write in to the list asking about good clubs in
Spain. Because it means brothels.

I saw a film called "Sue" the other day. It was about a woman who only
communicates through sex. Not as funny as it sounds though, quite
anguish-inducing in fact. I mention it in order to make a witty
observation about lurkers, but I can't think of one. Perhaps we could
have a competition. It had the Bass beer logo in it, like Ulysses and
The Bar at the Folies Bergères. I know that because I'm from near
Burton-on-Trent, and a smartarse. Why do young 'uns today say "my
parents' place" instead of "home"? Has the traditional family unit
disintegrated even further, or are they just trying to be big and
clever? Eh? EH? Hmmm.

Bagpuss, eh? I watched Scooby Doo in Basque today. I consider that to
be the height of sophistication. Didn't understand a bleedin' word
though. I like Baldy Man best. So does Oon.

Is it that late already?

Sister Disco