Sinister: The time of joking is upon us...

FourJacksAndAJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Tue Aug 10 16:11:38 BST 1999

I'll take up the explanation of the "Where's the soap" joke because I am
not ashamed of displaying my depravity, nay I revel in it.

So it's a homophonic (quite!) joke, the implied meaning "(It) wears the
soap (down)" by rubbing it between their legs...I think.  I mean, I don't
know what else nuns do for that kind of fun (though the crucifixes in each
room are a rather nice miniature size aren't they?).  Anyway, if I've
gotten that wrong let me know.  It's the first time I've heard that joke
but maybe it's a UK nun joke or something.

Now I feel like contributing to the Tuesday morning mirth.  Well, I'll
offer a clean one and a dirty one cause you need that nice yin n' yang
balance in most everything.

Clean:

Did you hear about the Roman who was in a chariot accident?

When the medics arrived, they hooked him up to a four.

(groan)

Dirty/sacrilicious:

What's white and shoots across the sky?

The coming of the Lord!

(gasp)

OK then, you've all been a great audience, take my wife please.

Xavier

 BXK
 bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu | www.english.upenn.edu/~bkim0
 It's what kind of hair you have on the inside that counts.--G.S.